|B/OSS Insider Blog|
A Better B/OSS
B/OSS has a new website for the new business year.
The new site features subtle design and architectural changes, all of which drive to a single purpose. The new site makes B/OSS’s premium content much more visible, much easier to find and much easier to engage with than the former site did. The new site puts our premium content center stage.
Premium content is the epicenter of B/OSS’s content mission. Like a knife, B/OSS cuts through the noise and clutter of the communications service provider industry to deliver in-depth content around mission-critical subjects that BSS/OSS professionals need in 2012.
Those premium products include:
- Reports (deep-dive Reports on particularly critical subjects; delivered as downloadable PDFs free to B/OSS readers)
- Digital Issues (digital “magazines" with a mixture of long and short material and magazine-style graphics devoted to exploring a single topic in-depth; delivered as downloadable PDFs free to B/OSS readers)
- Opinion (challenging blogs by Editor-in-Chief Tim McElligott and a posse of industry experts and commentators)
- Galleries (slide shows and image galleries related to the major issues and subjects rocking the B/OSS world)
On the new website, these four types of premium content, along with the latest news, are framed individually in B/OSS’s “carousel," the most prominent element in the editorial content area of the website, right at the center of the pag. Previously, they had resided “under" pull down tabs at the top of the page. It was great content, but somehow seemed to be consigned to the wings of the B/OSS stage. Now that great content is where it belongs: front and center.
In addition, the new B/OSS site prominently features:
- Webinars (all focused tightly on subjects pertinent to the day-to-day opportunities and challenges confronting the BSS/OSS profession in today’s hotly competitive CSP environment)
- Solution Centers (professional information organized around a particular BSS/OSS solution provider’s answer to key business challenges)
And, of course, the new site will continue to provide our usual great news coverage, keeping B/OSS readers up with the events and ideas reshaping the profession on a daily basis.
B/OSS is devoted exclusively to covering the critical BSS/OSS function. As the global CSP industry enters a new stage of business and service transformation, the BSS/OSS profession is challenged to meet new demands and stresses – and seize new opportunities. B/OSS is the information tool that understands that challenging environment. B/OSS comprehends both the task-specific work that the BSS/OSS professional does every day and the strategic patterns that are reshaping the CSP industry, and how the two are intimately connected.
B/OSS lives at the intersection of tactics and strategy, of micro and macro, of today and tomorrow. B/OSS is an information tool crafted for everyone in the BSS/OSS profession, a sharp knife to cut through the fog and ambiguity that too often shrouds your profession and your work.
With our new site, our knife is sharper than ever.
E-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org or click on the comment buttone below.