Nice, France ― Intelliden Inc. announced the release of the newest version of its Discovery and Reconciliation 2.0 application at Management World. Intelliden says the D&R 2.0 is the industry's first discovery and reconciliation application to provide support for TM Forum's latest and most comprehensive Multi-Technology Operations System Interface (MTOSI) 2.0 standard. It enables third party OSS applications such as inventory, service fulfillment and fault management to get access to real-time network resource information using industry standard interfaces, and greatly reduces costs and complexity of systems integration.
Intelliden D&R 2.0 acts so that OSS applications no longer have to maintain parallel and proprietary interfaces to thousands of devices with multiple vendors, types, models and operating systems; nor is there a need for those OSS applications to track the millions of changes in a dynamic converged network. Intelliden D&R provides real-time and continuous reconciliation of physical and logical network resources. Developed in close collaboration with leading service providers, Intelliden D&R greatly reduces network "inventory drift” – the increasing discrepancy between actually provisioned and presumed state of network – and associated data integrity problems such as stranded assets.
Key features of Intelliden D&R 2.0 include:
- Discovers network devices and related information such as chassis, serial numbers, cards, ports and OS on scheduled or ad-hoc basis;
- Augments network resource information with non-discoverable, static information such as auto sensing and Power over Ethernet;
- Maintains real-time physical and logical resource information in its persistent network database of record (DBoR);
- Creates a normalized view of network resources based on MTOSI 2.0 standards; and
- Analyzes discrepancies with target OSS applications based on customizable rules.