AT&T has expanded its cloud-based mobile device management (MDM) offering with solutions for small businesses with as few as 20 employees.
AT&T's MDM solutions allow small businesses to manage employees' mobile devices and data usage. With cloud-based MDM, small business owners don't need to invest in installing hardware to support the service because it's hosted and managed by AT&T.
"Cloud-based MDM solutions are gaining steam as more employees want to use the smartphones and apps they've come to love for both business and personal use," said Carrie MacGillivray, IDC analyst and program director for SMB Mobility. "However, small businesses must balance this demand with the need for both flexible and secure mobile device management. Winning providers fill this niche by focusing on affordable, highly secure solutions designed with small businesses in mind."
AT&T's MDM offers:
- Lost device detection, including password recovery, device lock, wipe and encryption
- Remote configuration of email, Wi-Fi and VPNs
- Asset management features that enable business owners to keep track of company-owned devices
- Application distribution capabilities that allow business owners to push mission-critical apps to their employees
- Application whitelist/blacklist capabilities help control how company-owned smartphones are used
In addition, AT&T's small business team can help business owners determine and develop their mobility policy and strategy, while also providing support in selection, implementation, hosting and management of an MDM solution.